GE Elvis Presley  

Vai Indietro   Grazie Elvis Forum > Elvis Presley > GrazieElvis International

Rispondi

Strumenti Discussione Modalità Visualizzazione
Vecchio 20-02-2005, 14:15
K_ELVIS K_ELVIS Non in Linea
Junior Elvis Fans

Locazione: Padova
Predefinito How has Elvis affected your life?

This is the question. How has Elvis affected your life? This is my answer:
Elvis has affected my life in it's entirety. Just look at my avatar! That's me. I was always a fan of Elvis, just not in the way that a lot of people are, until I was asked to "be him" for a promo where I work. I had a cheap vinyl costume I used for Carnevale and had a picture of me on my desk. When asked to do this promo, I wanted to do a good job, so I really listened good to the CD's I have and read up on Elvis prior to this promo. It was like a light going on in my head. I developed an appreciation for Elvis that I didn't have before. I really listened to his singing and couldn't get over the incredible vocal range he had! As I tried to sing along with him, I realized that there was so much more to his singing than I initially thought. There was so much more to the man than I thought! Elvis sings with so much heart and soul. I actually cried listening to "Don't Cry Daddy"!
I am now an Elvis Tribute Artist/impersonator because of that promo I did. I will never even come close to sounding like Elvis, but this is "My Way" of keeping the King alive! People just love to listen to him, even if it isn't the real thing, just seeing a guy in a jumpsuit on stage singing his fool head off, makes people happy. I now have the black hair, sideburns, jumpsuit, and the people I know love it! I now have Elvis everywhere in "my room". I have all his concert DVD's and my CD collection is growing as well. Even my 3 year old son sings Elvis!
This is how Elvis has affected my life.
Vecchio 23-08-2005, 16:07
L'avatar di  MISSCLAWDY
MISSCLAWDY MISSCLAWDY Non in Linea
Elvis Golden Fans

Locazione: Memphis
Predefinito

so k-elvis are you an impersonator??!!!tell us more!!! Elvis affects my life everyday, everytime I listen to his music and to his magic voice , everytime I look at one of his dvd's show ,cos a bit of him is with me. Always.
Vecchio 23-08-2005, 23:23
L'avatar di  elvisforever
elvisforever elvisforever Non in Linea
Elvis Big Fans
Utente Gold

Predefinito

well

I was looking a wald disney's movie, lilo and stich. its soundtrack is composed by elvis presley.
so, elvis affected me since I saw that movie ( very nice).
but elvis affects me everyday ( just like missclaudy), when I listen to his music, and when I so one of his concert.

wow k elvis, you're an elvis impersonator.. that's cool.. congratulation

goodbye
Vecchio 08-10-2005, 16:01
L'avatar di  delvisologist
delvisologist delvisologist Non in Linea
Elvis Fans
Utente Basic

Locazione: Malta
Predefinito

Hi I'm back!!!

Well Elvis has become my friend, like a companion for life since 19th August 1996 when i accidentally saw Elvis: His Greatest Performances (I used to hate him...oops)

i listen to him and well...sing along when nobody can hear me...every single day. I also spend what's left of my time on a site and forum which take well...most of my energy.

K_Elvis, i have nothing against tribute artists but i would never pay to see anyone dressed like Elvis. I just don't get the feeling. and (i'm not speaking of you now) some are really foolish and make a joke of themselves, which is a pity
Rispondi